If you’re a current Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center patient or survivor, there are many special things happening during Ride Weekend especially for you and your family. Here’s what you can expect to experience.
Friday, June 21: Celebration of Hope
The Celebration of Hope honors and celebrates cancer survivors and the collective spirit of Roswell Park as the heart of Western New York’s fight against cancer. Bring your families to share an inspiring afternoon of food, fun and hope!
- The opportunity to participate in a tribute to all cancer patients and survivors, including a special bell ringing.
- The arrival of the Extra Mile Club Peloton.
- The Roswell Park department procession, featuring patients, survivors, doctors and researchers.
- A chance to meet Roswell Park researchers, and learn about the cutting-edge research.
- Family-friendly activities and entertainment.
- Food and beverages are available.
This event is free and open to the Buffalo community, so bring your friends and family with you.
Saturday, June 22: The Ride For Roswell
Honoring survivors and remembering loved ones comes naturally at The Ride. Each start line program will include a moment of silence to honor and remember all cancer patients and survivors. In addition, all identifying survivors will receive a special orange survivor t-shirt. You can pick up your t-shirt and orange carnations at Check In or the Survivor Central Tent.
Survivor Central Tent Details:
- Visit Inspiration Station to fill out and display special tribute cards
- Sign The Big Tee, an oversized t-shirt honoring the reasons we ride
- Pick up your survivor gift
- Visit other Celebration Village exhibitors for activities, food sampling and more
Other ways to show your support:
- Many friends of riders create and place signs along the routes to cheer on their loved ones. We welcome all guests to take their signs to the finish line to cheer on riders as they return.
Survivor and Patient Parking
Survivors and attendees with a blue NYS handicapped parking permit can park in the Stadium Lot (see Parking Maps).
We hope to see you during Ride Weekend! If you have any questions about activities throughout Celebration of Hope and/or Ride Day, please contact us at 716-843-7433 (716-THE-RIDE).