Week Three of Bike Month is here — we hope you’ll join WNYers cycling to work this Friday, May 19 as we celebrate National Bike to Work Day!
First time commuting by bicycle? Sign up for one of the Bike To Work Day bike trains and make new friends while learning the rules of the road.
Riders can bring their own bikes or take advantage of the Reddy Bikes that will be available at each meet up location. The bike trains are intended to encourage less experienced riders to try commuting by bike with others and to create a sense of camaraderie on Bike to Work Day. Designated locations include:
· MLK Park at 7:45 am with Henry Raess, GObike Buffalo Event Manager
· LaSalle Station at 8:00 am with Bill Smith, Director of Access for Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
· City Hall at 8:15 am with Justin Booth, Director of GObike Buffalo
· Ferry and Richmond Avenue at 8:15 am with Jen White, Executive of Reddy Bikeshare
The Bike to Work Day celebration will include an informal breakfast and short celebration at the park located at Ellicott Street and North Oak Street on the Medical Campus beginning at 7:00 AM. The event will include remarks by GObike Buffalo Executive Director, Justin Booth and BNMC President and CEO, Matthew Enstice and Mayor Byron Brown has been invited to attend. GObike Buffalo will provide free minor bike repairs and adjustments for riders on site. Bike storage is available across the street at North Oak and Ellicott or at the many bike racks throughout Campus.
Snap a pic of you and your friends biking to work and send it to us via Twitter (@RideForRoswell) or email it to email@example.com! Be sure to tag your social media posts for the day: #biketoworkBFLO.
Once again, there’s so much to do by bike this month, so Buffalo Rising has compiled a schedule of events to help you take advantage of the many opportunities and events around town. Whether you live in the area or are visiting, biking is the best way to explore the City of Buffalo and Western New York. Use your own wheels or hop on a Reddy bike to:
· Explore the region’s beautiful sights and trails
· Meet fellow Buffalonians and bike riders at one of the many bike events this month
· Get around town and commute to work with ease
· Most importantly, have fun and enjoy the spring weather!
Bike Month is the perfect way to get started. Visit the GOBike Buffalo calendar to find upcoming events. Remember to bike safely. Now, get riding!