The Extra Mile Club is your ticket to VIP treatment at The Ride for Roswell. Riders who raise $1,000 or more become members of the Extra Mile Club (EMC) and enjoy great benefits on Ride Weekend and year-round.
The greatest benefit of being an EMC member is pride in contributing to finding a cure for cancer and the satisfaction of making a difference for Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center. The funds generated by EMC members account for nearly 50% of the total raised each year by The Ride For Roswell. Being a part of the Extra Mile Club means you are making a big impact!
To commemorate the outstanding fundraising efforts of the EMC, members receive Extra Mile Club gear to wear on Ride Weekend and beyond. The most iconic piece is the exclusive Extra Mile Club jersey. This custom shirt features a new design every year and is made from high-quality athletic material with all the features that cyclists enjoy. To complete the outfit, every EMC member receives an embroidered Ride For Roswell EMC cap — to handle the helmet hair, of course.
On Ride Weekend, EMC members can enjoy:
- The Peloton: EMC members may apply to be one of the 200+ riders who participate in the 12-mile, police-escorted processional ride from Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center to the UB North Campus on the evening of June 22. The Peloton rides into the Celebration of Hope, where it’s welcomed by 3,000 cheering attendees.
- The Extra Mile Club Tent at The Ride on UB’s North Campus: Enjoy a delicious lunch and some TLC after you finish your ride. Every EMC member can bring a guest to join us in this specially reserved area for top fundraisers, VIP Ride partners and sponsors. This VIP area features:
- Catered lunch
- Complimentary beverages
- Seated area along the lake, right next to the main stage
- A wonderful 10-minute deep tissue massage
- A secured bike parking area
- Professional photo of you in your EMC jersey
- Chances to win additional prizes
The recognition continues beyond Ride Weekend:
- Extra Mile Club incentives: All riders raising $1,000 or more are eligible for additional Ride For Roswell swag as part of Rider Rewards based on their donation total as of August 1.
- Above & Beyond Celebration: Every EMC member is invited to attend the annual Above & Beyond Celebration, held each fall, where members receive their Extra Mile Club plaque and/or sticker. This event honors our top fundraisers, individuals, teams and volunteers.
- Tours of Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center: Interested in seeing some of the work made possible by The Ride? Another Extra Mile Club benefit is the opportunity to take a personal 90-minute tour of select departments at Roswell Park.
So what are you waiting for? Commit to going the extra mile for Roswell Park and cancer research today!