Celebration of Hope
The Celebration of Hope kicks off Ride Weekend! It’s a rally against cancer with your family, friends and teammates to prove that no one fights cancer alone.
When you think about summer in Western New York, what comes to mind? Maybe it’s spending time with loved ones. Perhaps it’s being outside with a beer and a burger. You may love listening to live music in the warm summer air. Or maybe it’s the inspiration and excitement of The Ride For Roswell! In 2017, the Celebration of Hope will be all of the above.
The Celebration of Hope will honor the collective spirit of Roswell Park Cancer Institute and The Ride For Roswell as the heart of Western New York’s fight against cancer! The event is a rally against cancer and a celebration of the survivors, patients and Roswell Park heroes fighting for a cure. The event will take place in at Celebration Village — right on the Ride Day start & finish lines.
The Celebration of Hope offers something for your whole family. Here are just a few of the great things we have planned for the event:
- The Roswell Park department procession, featuring patients, survivors, doctors and researchers
- The arrival of the Extra Mile Club Peloton
- A tribute to all those for whom we ride in honor and in memory
- The chance to experience and learn more about the cutting-edge research going on at Roswell Park, thanks to your donations
- Family-friendly activities and entertainment
Yes! A free dinner will be provided for riders, virtual riders, patients and survivors. Your meal will include an entree, two sides and a soft drink or water. Dinners will be available for volunteers for $6 and for all other guests for $10.
There will also be beer and wine available for purchase.
There are so many reasons, but we’ll narrow it down to the top 3:
- The Celebration of Hope is an inspirational kickoff to Ride Weekend. You’ll be able to learn more about where your fundraising dollars are going, record a video message about why you Ride, pay homage to cancer patients and survivors and remember those we’ve lost. You can even participate in a brand new, interactive tribute hosted by New Era Cap. Stop by the New Era tent during the Celebration of Hope to write your message on blank fabric. They’ll then turn the fabric into limited edition custom caps to be sold by Roswell Park, benefiting The Ride For Roswell! Let the inspiration at the Celebration of Hope be the fuel that powers your ride on Saturday.
- It will also be fun! With activities and entertainment such as live music, face painting, bouncy houses, T-shirt decorating, airbrush tattoos, balloon sculptures, caricatures, jugglers and much, much more, there’s something for all ages. And if you decide to leave the kids at home, you’ll be able to relax in our beer and wine garden.
- There are also plenty of practical reasons to take part in the Celebration of Hope! You’ll be able to check in and pick up your packet, drop off supplies, set up your team tent and have your team photo taken. The RV lot will also be open for those parking there, and vehicles will be available to shuttle supplies from your car to your tent. Last but not least, we’ll have bike tuneups and overnight bike check available, so you’ll be able to enjoy a hassle-free morning before your Ride on Saturday!
- Bonus reason: Did we mention free dinner for riders, virtual riders, patients and survivors?
Nothing! The event is free and open to everyone, so invite your family, friends, teammates and donors.
What: Celebration of Hope
Where: UB North Campus, Celebration Village (near the Ride Day Start & Finish Lines)
When: Friday, June 23, 5:30-8 p.m.