Celebration of Hope
What is the Celebration of Hope?
The Celebration of Hope kicks off Ride Weekend! It’s a rally against cancer with your family, friends and teammates to prove that no one fights cancer alone.
When you think about summer in Western New York, what comes to mind? Maybe it’s spending time with loved ones. Perhaps it’s being outside with a beer and a burger. You may love listening to live music in the warm summer air. Or maybe it’s the inspiration and excitement of The Ride For Roswell! In 2017, the Celebration of Hope will be all of the above.
The Celebration of Hope will honor the collective spirit of Roswell Park Cancer Institute and The Ride For Roswell as the heart of Western New York’s fight against cancer! The event is a rally against cancer and a celebration of the survivors, patients and Roswell Park heroes fighting for a cure. The event will take place in at Celebration Village — right on the Ride Day start & finish lines.
What will I see, hear and experience at the Celebration of Hope?
The Celebration of Hope offers something for your whole family. Here are just a few of the great things we have planned for the event:
- The Roswell Park department procession, featuring patients, survivors, doctors and researchers
- The arrival of the Extra Mile Club Peloton
- A tribute to all those for whom we ride in honor and in memory
- The chance to experience and learn more about the cutting-edge research going on at Roswell Park, thanks to your donations
- Family-friendly activities and entertainment
Will there be food and drinks?
Yes! A free dinner will be provided for Peloton riders and Extra Mile Club members. Riders, virtual riders, patients and survivors and all other guests can purchase a meal for $8. Your meal will include an entree, two sides and a soft drink or water. There will also be beer and wine available for purchase.
Why should I & my team come to the Celebration of Hope?
There are so many reasons, but we’ll narrow it down to the top 3:
- The Celebration of Hope is an inspirational kickoff to Ride Weekend. You’ll be able to learn more about where your fundraising dollars are going, record a video message about why you Ride, pay homage to cancer patients and survivors and remember those we’ve lost. Let the inspiration at the Celebration of Hope be the fuel that powers your ride on Saturday.
- It will also be fun! With activities and entertainment such as live music, face painting, bouncy houses, T-shirt decorating, airbrush tattoos, balloon sculptures, caricatures, jugglers and much, much more, there’s something for all ages. And if you decide to leave the kids at home, you’ll be able to relax in our beer and wine garden.
- There are also plenty of practical reasons to take part in the Celebration of Hope! You’ll be able to check in and pick up your packet, drop off supplies, set up your team tent and have your team photo taken. The RV lot will also be open for those parking there, and vehicles will be available to shuttle supplies from your car to your tent. Last but not least, we’ll have bike tuneups and overnight bike check available, so you’ll be able to enjoy a hassle-free morning before your Ride on Saturday!
How much does it cost?
Nothing! The event is free to attend and open to everyone, so invite your family, friends, teammates and donors.Dinner and drinks will be available for a small fee.
What: Celebration of Hope
Where: UB North Campus, Celebration Village (near the Ride Day Start & Finish Lines)
When: Friday, June 23, 4 – 8 p.m. The Peloton will arrive, followed by the processional at 7 p.m.
Cancer Survivors Basket Raffle
Take your chance at winning one (or more!) of 80+ awesome themed baskets! Tickets will be on sale from 4 – 7 p.m., closing promptly at 7 p.m. so that you may enjoy the evening’s programming. Cost of tickets is $5 for 1 sheet or $10 for 3 sheets and all ticket sale proceeds will support Roswell Park survivorship programs. Winning ticket numbers will be posted at the basket raffle tent by 7:45 p.m., Friday, June 23. Also, look for winning ticket numbers to be posted here!
Winners need not be present to win. All those who do not pick up their prizes at the event will be contacted by phone on Monday, June 26 to arrange pick up.